Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Frodo's new shirt

Esteemed reader,

In accordance with our policy of greatly valuing the superficial, Frodology will soon be undergoing an aesthetic overhaul. The changes include a few pretty pictures and layout tweaks. If the content improves too, please chalk that up to a coincidence.

To better assume an air of legitimacy, I will be launching the 'beta' phase in the next couple of days. I've read somewhere that one does this to ensure that one's coding is rigorous and sturdy. Since I happily hacked away at the HTML for a few days without caring much about the consequences, or indeed knowing what I was doing, I anticipate that this 'beta' stage may be necessary.

So, when you open your browser and are greeted by the slickest thing since Shia LeBeouf's hair in Indiana Jones, don't be alarmed, you're not in the wrong place.

Slavishly yours,

FrodoSaves

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I've been reading in Google Reader for a long time now. I guess I'll have to actually bother to open up the real site once or twice to see these updates, eh? Keep up the good work though!

FrodoSaves said...

Hi Max,

Glad to see you here. Providing nothing goes too awry with the new design then you should still get updates in Google Reader. The update will only be non-cosmetic inasmuch as I might accidentally delete something important! But I'm pretty sure that won't happen. Anyway, I am truly thrilled to see you're becoming a well behaved Frodologist. Frodo be with you!

Dani' El said...

Where am I?

Uh Uh Uh!
I am where?

(obscure Gumby reference)

FrodoSaves said...

Yeah Dani, I'll admit you lost me with that one.

Dani' El said...

Don't know your Gumby huh?

The magic mirror episode?

Dani' El said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CvJQDDzqaI

about 4 minutes in.

Rachel E. Bailey said...

This new layout isn't nearly as slick as Shia LeBoeuf's hair in Crystal Skull. Honestly, I doubt it ever could be.

I mean that as a compliment.

Also--you did all this yourself? Dude. Nice job! If you could add a drawing of Frodo battling a Kraken . . . or would creating a graven image be a Crimesin. . . ?

FrodoSaves said...

Even the three hours of makeup before filming wasn't enough - they still had to equip him with a comb so he could plaster that greasy mop to his skull. Crystal skull?

Yep, I designed it myself, to the greatest hits of the Small Faces. Not sure if that made a difference. Thanks for the compliments!